As promised, eTHOMAS Version 9.2 has been released and is now available for download. The “What’s New” Document for v 9.2 can be accessed by going to Genius on the Web under the Messaging Tab. Once you are on Genius on the Web, click FYI at the top of the screen, and select General. It will be listed under Genius Solutions Resources as eTHOMAS v9.2.
If you are an active, current Genius client office, the update is FREE; there is no charge for updates to the program if you are a current SoftCare subscriber. If you aren’t up-to-date, don’t wait, update! (Unless you are beta testing any features or programs for us. If you are beta testing something, call us before updating.)
Here is more on the "whys" and "how to-s" of good THOMAS updating.
eTHOMASAs we’ve mentioned eTHOMAS v9.2 is available now. If you happen to be on a version of eTHOMAS older than v8, we would strongly recommend that you make an appointment with our customer support department and let them aid you in the update. There have been quite a few additions and updates since we first announced eTHOMAS v9.
Tips for Updating Ease and SuccessThese tips for updating your THOMAS come from our own Director of IT and First Friday of the Month Phone Call guy: Mark Thuemmel.
Tips for AutoUpdating:
- Make sure THOMAS is working well before updating. (Don't update if THOMAS is acting oddly and you haven't been told that an update will specifically fix that problem, without checking in with support first.)
- Get everyone out of the THOMAS program.
- Backup your data.
- Reboot your main SERVER (not just a work station).
- Pack THOMAS data (eTHOMAS Maintenance-Reindex-Pack)
- Make sure Windows program (7, Vista, XP etc.) is up-to-date, make sure to do your Windows Updates regularly. If your computer doesn’t update automatically, you can usually do it manually by going to your Start button (in the lower left corner of your screen), under “All Programs”, and then choose “Windows Update”.
- Make sure your virus program has been properly set up with exclusions for THOMAS.
- Make sure any other unnecessary programs (including the task bar) are stopped.
- Allow sufficient time to do the updates in case any unexpected issues arise with any given update.
- Update from the SERVER, not a workstation (this is always the best updating option).
- If you get an error that states: "Windows - Delayed Write Failed". This is a BAD error. Stop, drop, and roll…
- Test THOMAS before entering a lot of new data. Are patients, claims, and transactions as you would expect them?
- If you have had problems in the recent past while updating, please feel free to schedule an appointment with the Support Department to walk you through it. (*Please note, you WILL need to make an appointment for this.)