3/27/2019

Are You Passionate About Chiropractic or Going Through the Motions?

By Ted A. Arkfeld, DC, MS

First of all, I hope the subject line caught your attention and you are still reading this email. I have had the pleasure of visiting doctors and offices all across the nation, and I can tell within the first five minutes if the doctor and staff are on task, passionate, and successful.

Unfortunately, I have visited with way too many doctors who have lost their passion and zeal for practicing in today's healthcare. They put on the brave face and head out each day to the office to do the same thing they did yesterday. Oh, don't get me wrong, they may be making a good living, and have a relatively stress free practice, but they are not having fun.

The reason I can identify so easily with these doctors is that I was there three years ago. I had reached the 27-years in practice mark and was not passionate about my practice. That all changed one day as I sat in on a presentation by Patrick Porter, Ph.D., on brain stress. He was actually talking about patients who were sympathetic dominant, and how chiropractic care was the answer.



While I was successful at treating musculoskeletal conditions, I felt there was something missing for those patients presenting with high levels of stress, or what we used to call "Type A" individuals. Brain stress is a major causative factor for many neurological conditions affecting the autonomic nervous system. Imbalances between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems are responsible for anxiety, depression, insomnia, ADD, ADHD just to name a few.

Chiropractic used to be neurologically based, but what are we doing now is treating only musculoskeletal conditions and taking what the insurance companies will pay.

In our Clinical Genius Program, I teach you how to use specific techniques many of which you are already using in your offices to treat these conditions. How about adding some additional pieces of equipment that provide excellent clinical outcomes and are cash-based services that patients will pay for and what they want.

We put this into play in 2016 and had a record-breaking year, then followed it up with another outstanding year in 2017. We then moved into a larger clinic in 2018, and I am having more fun and passion in practice than when I graduated. This is what I want to share with you in the Clinical Genius Program. Yes, there is documentation and coding mini-courses, and of course, everyone's favorite, Medicare, but the core of the program is how to return to our chiropractic roots as neurologically based chiropractors.

Patients need chiropractic now more than ever, anti-anxiety and depression medications are not the answer. Come on and make a change in your practice and join our network of doctors who want to feel passionate again in practice.

The cost is $199 and it is for the entire office. For more details and how to become our newest Clinical Genius, click here.

No comments: